Monday 29 March 2021

Hunting


 Hunting


March 26 2021 my brother Luke my dad and I went hunting somewhere in the pride lands in Africa. Each of us carried a bag. Dad carried the weapons, I carried the food and Luke carried the clothes. The one thing we forgot was our compass.


 Because we couldn’t see anything on the open road we went off road a bit too see if it was any better. We found a couple of antelope. Dad decided to pull out the shotgun. I said dad, wait we don't draw any attention to us. I told him to rather use the bow and arrow but ignored me and fired anyway. Great, I said now we are the main target and the rest of the animals probably think we are poachers. After that Dad realised how wrong he was because now there is a stampede of buffalo headed straight towards us, run!!!!! We ran for our lives but it was no use. The stampede was just too fast. We decided to dodge it, so we all jumped sideways and just managed to miss it and if we stayed in it any longer and we would have been trampled flat.


We decided to really think about what we did because that stampede was just way too close. Just then Luke remembered we had just left that antelope there. Dad said where is that antelope and I said where are we? Luke said we are in the pride-land of Africa daaaaa!!!! I said not helping!!!! (with anger). Come let's go find it. I don't’ think it will be that since those buffalo kindly left us trail back we kept our eyes peeled. I saw a horn sticking out of the tall dry grass.


What is that, I said. That's it said Dad. where are going to sleep the sun in coming and we the don’t have any sort shelter. Luke said there is a gorge over there let's go see if there is a cave/shelter around there. Well what are we waiting for. Let's go run and see. Luckily, we got to the gorge before dark and headed down into the gorge. Since it has been raining the past couple of days the gorge was all sloppy. We slept for the night and struggled for next 6 days and we were running low on food and nearly ran into a pride of lions after all this time we found the ute and headed home. 


The end          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.